You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of May 6, we are $2,380 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
to join dozens of other supporters in making this important overhaul possible!
Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Submissions by Wagstaff, John
( 15 items: 6 texts and 9 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Translations of entire song cycles (alphabetic order):
Texts and Translations
- Femme que j'ai choisie entre toutes les femmes; title: "Femme que j'ai choisie"
- Woman, whom I chose out of all women; title: "Woman, whom I chose out of all women" [translation]
- Tu es la saveur de mon pain; title: "Tu es la saveur de mon pain"
- Écoute : doucement la pluie tiède commence
- Un jour, tu le pris dans tes mains; title: "Un jour, tu le pris dans tes mains"
- You are the flavour of my bread; title: "You are the flavour of my bread" [translation]
- Listen: the warm rain begins to fall softly on the roof; title: "Listen: the warm rain begins to fall" [translation]
- One day, you took in your hands; title: "One day, you took in your hands" [translation]
- ; title: "Hé oui, je serai mort. Et après?"
- ; title: "La mort? on verra ça plus tard"
- Death? We shall see it later; title: "Death? We shall see it later" [translation]
- Ah yes, I shall be dead. And then?; title: "Ah yes, I shall be dead. And then?" [translation]
- How soft the light that comes to illuminate the East!; title: "The dawn" [translation]
- Chaste goddess! Goddess so pure; title: "To the moon" [translation]
- Daughter of heaven, kind Innocence!; title: "Innocence" [translation]