WARNING. Not all the material on this website is in the public domain.
It is illegal
to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
For more information, contact us at the following address:
Submissions by Wagstaff, John
( 15 items: 6 texts and 9 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Translations of entire song cycles (alphabetic order):
Texts and Translations
- Femme que j'ai choisie entre toutes les femmes; title: "Femme que j'ai choisie"
- Woman, whom I chose out of all women; title: "Woman, whom I chose out of all women" [translation]
- Tu es la saveur de mon pain; title: "Tu es la saveur de mon pain"
- Écoute : doucement la pluie tiède commence
- Un jour, tu le pris dans tes mains; title: "Un jour, tu le pris dans tes mains"
- You are the flavour of my bread; title: "You are the flavour of my bread" [translation]
- Listen: the warm rain begins to fall softly on the roof; title: "Listen: the warm rain begins to fall" [translation]
- One day, you took in your hands; title: "One day, you took in your hands" [translation]
- ; title: "Hé oui, je serai mort. Et après?"
- ; title: "La mort? on verra ça plus tard"
- Death? We shall see it later; title: "Death? We shall see it later" [translation]
- Ah yes, I shall be dead. And then?; title: "Ah yes, I shall be dead. And then?" [translation]
- How soft the light that comes to illuminate the East!; title: "The dawn" [translation]
- Chaste goddess! Goddess so pure; title: "To the moon" [translation]
- Daughter of heaven, kind Innocence!; title: "Innocence" [translation]