Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament, Sehnsuchtsvoll nach dir, Mein Lieb, das Herze brennt, Himmel strahlt in glühnder Pracht, Und ich träum bei Tag und Nacht Nur allein von dem süßen Liebchen mein.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament
", op. 103 no. 11 (1887/8), published 1888 [voice or SATB chorus and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 11, Berlin, Simrock [text verified 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Rote Abendwolken", 1927 [voice and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 8. [text not verified]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Rote Abendwolken ziehn am Firmament
", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [voice and piano], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 8. [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Leonard Lehrman) , title 1: "Rosy evening clouds hang in the firmament", copyright © 1996, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Le rosse nuvole della sera viaggiano in cielo", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 6
Word count: 32
Rode avondwolken gaan langs ‘t firmament, Hunkering naar jou, mijn lief, mijn hart slechts kent, De hemel straalt in vuur’ge pracht, En ik droom, ja, dag en nacht Van geen één dan mijn lieve schat alleen.
About the headline (FAQ)View text with footnotes
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2014 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2014-06-06 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:35
Line count: 5
Word count: 36