WARNING. Not all the material on this website is in the public domain.
It is illegal
to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
For more information, contact us at the following address:
Composer: John Blow (1649 - 1708)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- An ode on the death of Mr Henry Purcell (Text: John Dryden) FRE
- A pastoral elegy (Text: Thomas Flatman)
- Awake, awake, my Lyre! (Text: Abraham Cowley)
- Chloe found Amyntas lying all in tears (Text: John Dryden)
- Gloria patri, qui creavit nos (Text: Bible or other Sacred Texts) ENG
- Glory be to the father (Text: after Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- Go, perjur'd man (Text: Robert Herrick)
- Grant me, ye Gods
- Help, father Abraham!
- Lovely Selina
- Loving above himself
- Music's the cordial of a troubled breast (Text: John Oldham)
- My God, my God look upon me (Text: Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- Rise, mighty monarch [x]
- Septimnius and Acme (Text: Abraham Cowley)
- Sing, ye muses
- Stay, gentle Echo
- Tell me no more (Text: George Etheredge, Sir)
- The Queen's Epicedium (Text: George Herbert)
- The self-banished (Text: Edmund Waller)
- Welcome, every guest
- What is't to us FRE
Last update: 2016-09-21 18:57:36