La cigale vengée
Language: French (Français) after the French (Français)
Un jour dame la cigale couchée sur son sopha
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by Jean de La Fontaine (1621 - 1695), "La cigale et la fourmi", written 1668, appears in Fables ENG HUN RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Isabelle Aboulker, Paul Barachin, Paul Bonneau, Michel Bosc, Melchior Alexandre Bruneau, Régis Campo, André Caplet, Jacqueline Chautemps, Maurice Delage, Benjamin Louis Paul Godard, Paul Hindemith, Joseph Jongen, Rudolf Leopold Koumans, Charles Lecocq, Marcelle de Manziarly, Jacques Offenbach, Charles Camille Saint-Saëns, Charles Trenet. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Melchior Alexandre Bruneau (1823 - 1898), "La cigale vengée", subtitle: "Dialoguée et parodiée pour sopranos", op. 377 no. 23 (1879) [vocal duet for two sopranos (or one medium voice) with piano or harmonium], from 25 fables de La Fontaine, no. 23.
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in French (Français), original text by Jean de La Fontaine (1621 - 1695) , title 1: "La cigale et la fourmi", 1668, from Fables RUS HUN ENG by André Caplet, Maurice Delage, Benjamin Louis Paul Godard, Marcelle de Manziarly, Jacques Offenbach, Charles Camille Saint-Saëns, Charles Trenet, Rudolf Leopold Koumans, Charles Lecocq, Joseph Jongen, Isabelle Aboulker, Paul Hindemith, Paul Barachin, Paul Bonneau, Michel Bosc, Melchior Alexandre Bruneau.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Ivan Andreyevich Krylov (1769 - 1844) , title unknown [an adaptation] HUN ENG FRE FRE by Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich.
- Also set in Hungarian (Magyar), a translation by Dezső Kosztolányi (1885 - 1936) , title 1: "A tücsök meg a hangya", published 1916 RUS ENG FRE by Ferenc Farkas.
Text added to the website: 2015-04-13.
Last modified: 2015-12-06 14:31:11
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works