Language: German (Deutsch)
Verbirg dich, Sonne,
Denn die Gluthen der Wonne
Versengen mein Gebein;
Flüchte dich, und laß mich allein!
Quillen doch aus allen Falten
Meiner Seele liebliche Gewalten;
Die mich umschlingen,
Himmlisch singen -
Geh' unter Welt, und störe
Nimmer die süßen ätherischen Chöre!
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Confirmed with Gedichte von Johann Mayrhofer. Wien. Bey Friedrich Volke. 1824, page 122.
Submitted by Richard Morris and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Desenllaç", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Ontbinding", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Dissolution", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Dissolution", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Paolo Pupillo) (Claretta Manara) , "Dissoluzione", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-08-14 14:23:20
Line count: 12
Word count: 46
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works