An den Schlaf
Language: German (Deutsch)
Komm, und senke die umflorten Schwingen,
Süßer Schlummer, auf den müden Blick!
Segner! Freund! in deinen Armen dringen
Trost und Balsam auf's verlorne Glück.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Schochow: "Schubert nennt Uz als Dichter, doch findet sich die Strophe nicht unter den Gedichten von Uz." - Schubert names Uz as the author of this text, but these lines have not been found among Uz's work.
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la son", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Tot de slaap", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "To sleep", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Au sommeil", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Al sonno", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:52
Line count: 4
Word count: 24
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works