Language: German (Deutsch)
Durch des Lebens Wüste irr ich glühend
[ ... ]
List of language codes
This text may be protected by copyright under Canadian copyright law, so we will not display it until we obtain permission to do so or discover it is public-domain.
Confirmed with Hermann Hesse, Sämtliche Werke, herausgegeben von Volker Michels, Band 10 Die Gedichte, bearbeitet von Peter Huber, Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp Verlag, 2002, page 287.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Karl Hasse (1883 - 1960), "Irgendwo", op. 98 (Sieben Lieder nach Gedichten von Hermann Hesse) no. 5 (1949). [mezzo-soprano, alto, or baritone and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Bertold Hummel (1925 - 2002), "Irgendwo", op. 71a no. 5, published 1978, from Sechs Lieder nach Gedichten von Hermann Hesse, no. 5. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Krause (1889 - ?), "Irgendwo", op. 46 no. 7, published 1967 [voice and piano], from Zehn Gedichte von Hermann Hesse, no. 7. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by (Christian) Immo Schneider (b. 1935), "Irgendwo", op. 36 no. 5 [medium voice and piano], from Sieben Nacht- und Todeslieder für mittlere Singstimme und Klavier nach Gedichten von Hermann Hesse, no. 5. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Walter Steffens (b. 1934), "Irgendwo", <<1957. [four-part mixed chorus a cappella] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Anywhere", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-04-01.
Last modified: 2018-08-28 12:47:26
Line count: 8
Word count: 45
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works