The azure eyes of springtime
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
The azure eyes of springtime
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- Singable translation by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Neue Gedichte, in Neuer Frühling, no. 13 CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Algernon Bennet Langton Ashton, Ernst Bacon, Friedrich August Wilhelm Baumfelder, Wilhelm Baumgartner, Georg Felix Benkert, Franz Magnus Böhme, E. Bollmann, Leopold Damrosch, Hans Decker, Pauline von Decker, née von Schaetzel, G. A. Demidov, Aleksandr Ivanovich Dyubyuk, Louis Ehlert, Armand Erdös, Ludwig von Erlanger, Ernst Paul Flügel, Ernst Frank, Robert Franz, G. Gendt, Hermann Goetz, Édouard de Hartog, Gustav Hasse, Eduard Hauptmann, Wilhelm Heiser, Georg Andreas Henkel, Swan Hennessy, A. Hermesdorff, E. Herzogenrath, Ludwig Hoffmann, Wilhelm C. Hollmann, Alfred Huth, Louis Huth, Charles Edward Ives, Friedrich Gustav Jansen, Alois Jedliczka, Theodor Fürchtegott Kirchner, Hubert Ferdinand Kufferath, Eduard Lerch, W. J. Otto Lessmann, Carl Locher, John Reinhard Lund, Karl Martin, Albert Gottlieb Methfessel, Friedrich Oelschlaeger, Johannes Pauls, George Posca, Eduard Prosch, Hermann Putsch, Robert Radecke, Karl Gottlieb Reissiger, Josef Renner, jun., Franz Ries, L. Rockel, Wilhelm Rönnberg, Wilhelm Rosenberg, Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein, D. Rüst, Louis Samson, August Scharrer, Friedrich Wilhelm Sering, Ernst Sperling, as Ernst Streben, Oscar Nathan Straus, Otto Tiehsen, Adalbert Ûberlée, Frank Valentin Van der Stucken, Mario Van Overeem, Marie Vanden Heuvel, Ernest Walker, J. H. W. Werner, Alexander Winterberger, Hermann Wolff, Richard Ferdinand Würst. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Dutch (Nederlands), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT ENG ENG FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Frank Valentin Van der Stucken.
- Also set in English, a translation by Franz Hüffer (1843 - 1889) , "Die blauen Frühlingsaugen", appears in Poems Selected from Heinrich Heine, ed. by Kate Freiligrath Kroeker, London: Walter Scott, Limited, page 196, first published 1887 CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by George Frederick Boyle.
- Also set in English, a translation by R. W. Fullerton CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by A. L. Eigher.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Rosalind Frances Ellicott.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by George Coleman Gow.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Albert Mallinson.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Franz Poenitz.
- Also set in English, a translation by Elizabeth Philp (1827 - 1885) CAT DUT FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Elizabeth Philp.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Mikhail Larionovich Mikhailov (1829 - 1865) , no title, written 1857 CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
Text added to the website: 2008-02-11 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:36
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works