In stiller Nacht
Language: German (Deutsch) after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [an adaptation]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Gerard Bunk (1888 - 1958), "In stiller Nacht", op. 21 (Fünf Lieder im ernsten Ton) no. 1 (1907/9). [voice and piano]
- by Gerard Bunk (1888 - 1958), "In stiller Nacht" [women's chorus a cappella]
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Friedrich Spee von Langenfeld (1591 - 1635) , title 1: "Travvr-Gesang von der noth Christi am Oelberg in dem Garten", from Trutznachtigall by Walter Courvoisier.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), [adaptation] by Johannes Brahms, Johannes Brahms, Johannes Brahms.
Text added to the website: 2009-02-24.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works