Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
On voit déjà s'évanouir les flammes du soleil
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author, after stanza 5 (perhaps 6 as well?) [an adaptation]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Emanuel von Geibel (1815 - 1884), "Lied der Spinnerin", appears in Jugendgedichte, in 3. Drittes Buch, in Athen
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Ludwig Bonvin, Ignaz Brüll, Walter Courvoisier, Alexander von Fielitz, Emil Keller, Eduard Lassen, Franz Ries. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Ries (1846 - 1932), "Berceuse", op. 33 (Vier Lieder 1 mittlere Stimme mit Pianofortebegleitung) no. 3, published 1897 [voice and piano], as "François Ries", Berlin, Ries & Erler, also set in German (Deutsch)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Emanuel von Geibel (1815 - 1884) , title 1: "Lied der Spinnerin", from Jugendgedichte, in 3. Drittes Buch, in Athen FRE by Franz Ries, Alexander von Fielitz, Ludwig Bonvin, Ignaz Brüll, Walter Courvoisier, Eduard Lassen, Emil Keller.
Text added to the website: 2010-09-26.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:01
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works