Language: German (Deutsch)
Die Bäume tropfen vom Gewitterguß
[ ... ]
List of language codes
This text may be protected by copyright under Canadian copyright law, so we will not display it until we obtain permission to do so or discover it is public-domain.
Confirmed with Hermann Hesse, Sämtliche Werke, herausgegeben von Volker Michels, Band 10 Die Gedichte, bearbeitet von Peter Huber, Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp Verlag, 2002, page 250.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Peter Escher (b. 1915), "Sommernacht", op. 15 no. 17 (1945) [voice and piano], from Fünf Lieder nach Hermann Hesse, no. 2. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Hans-Hermann Kurig (1914 - 2002), "Sommernacht", 1950 [high voice and piano], from Zwei Gesänge für eine hohe Stimme nach Worten von Hermann Hesse, no. 1. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Hans Leicht (1899 - ?), "Sommernacht", 1952. [four-part men's chorus a cappella] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Othmar Schoeck (1886 - 1957), "Sommernacht", op. 44 (Zehn Lieder nach Gedichten von Hermann Hesse) no. 8 (1929), published 1931. [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Summer night", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-08-25 16:42:08
Line count: 8
Word count: 49
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works