Language: German (Deutsch) after the French (Français)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896), "Mandoline", appears in Fêtes galantes, no. 15, first published 1869 CHI ENG ENG ENG SPA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Francis de Bourguignon, René Chansarel, Reine Colaço Osorio-Swaab, Gérard Condé, Charles Cornet, as Charles Tenroc, Claude Achille Debussy, Alphons Diepenbrock, Gabriel Dupont, Gabriel Fauré, Ange Flégier, Paul Fournier, Gabriel Grovlez, Reynaldo Hahn, Robert Herberigs, Eugène-Émile Lacroix, Paul Le Flem, Bernard de Lisle, L. Marié, Bernard Panouillot, Riccardo Pick-Mangiagalli, Gil Plechoyano, Irena Regina Poldowski, Carlos Suffern, Jósef-Zygmunt Szulc. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Othmar Schoeck (1886 - 1957), "Mandolinen", op. 6 (Sechs Lieder für höhere Stimme und Klavier) no. 6, published 1907 [high voice and piano], Zürich, Hug
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in French (Français), original text by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896) , title 1: "Mandoline", from Fêtes galantes, no. 15, published 1869 ENG ITA GER SPA GER by Reine Colaço Osorio-Swaab, Claude Achille Debussy, Alphons Diepenbrock, Gabriel Dupont, Gabriel Fauré, Reynaldo Hahn, Irena Regina Poldowski, Jósef-Zygmunt Szulc, Gabriel Grovlez, Bernard de Lisle, Riccardo Pick-Mangiagalli, Paul Le Flem, Carlos Suffern, Francis de Bourguignon, Ange Flégier, Eugène-Émile Lacroix, René Chansarel, Paul Fournier, Robert Herberigs, L. Marié, Charles Cornet, Gil Plechoyano, Bernard Panouillot.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Richard von Schaukal (1874 - 1942) , title 1: "Mandolinen", from Nachdichtungen: Verlaine-Heredia, in Fêtes Galantes, Berlin: Oesterheld & Co., p. 26, published 1906 ENG ITA SPA by Richard Trunk.
- Also set in English, a translation by Arthur Symons (1865 - 1945) , title 1: "Mandoline" ITA GER SPA GER by William Spencer Johnson.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Wolf von Kaickreuth, Graf (1887 - 1906) ENG ITA SPA by Max Kowalski.
Text added to the website: 2012-01-20.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:45
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works