Language: German (Deutsch) after the English
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Song", appears in Cymbeline DUT FIN FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Godfrey Edward Pellew Arkwright, Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Thomas Chilcot, Frederica Elvira Gambogi, John Linton Gardner, Sven Eric Emanuel Johanson, Robert Johnson, Harvey Worthington Loomis, Roger Quilter, Cyril Meir Scott. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Friedrich Wilhelm Kücken (1810 - 1882), "Horch! Horch!", op. 25 (Fünf Lieder für gemischten Chor) no. 2 [mixed chorus], Magdeburg, Heinrichshofen's Verlag
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Dutch (Nederlands), a translation by Emmanuel Hiel (1834 - 1899) , "Hoor! Hoor!", appears in Gedichten, in Twaalf liederen van Shakespere, no. 10, first published 1868 FIN FRE GER GER GER GER ITA GER GER by Petrus Leonardus Leopoldus "Peter" Benoit.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation sometimes misattributed to August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767 - 1845) CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE ITA and by Abraham Voss (1785 - 1847) , "Lied", written 1810 CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE ITA by Robert Emmerich, Franz Peter Schubert, Ferdinand Stegmayer.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Dorothea Tieck (d. 1841) , no title DUT FIN FRE ITA by Wilhelm Killmayer, Wilhelm Petersen.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DUT FIN FRE ITA by Ferdinand von Hiller.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Johann Gottfried Herder (1744 - 1803) , "Morgengesang" DUT FIN FRE ITA by Friedrich Curschmann, Karl Sigmund Freiherr von Seckendorff.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Joseph Simrock (1802 - 1876) , written c1845, Zweiter Akt, Szene 3 DUT FIN FRE ITA by Alexander Zemlinsky.
Text added to the website: 2013-09-03.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:19
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works