Word count: 35
Show the texts alone (bare mode).
Language: German (Deutsch)
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE FRE ITA SPA
List of language codes
See other settings of this text.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Prayer", copyright ©
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "Prayer", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Prière", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Stéphane Goldet) (Pierre de Rosamel) , "Prière", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Preghiera", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Martin Zubiria) , "Plegaria", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Herr, schicke was du [willt]1,
Ein Liebes oder Leides;
Ich bin vergnügt, daß beides
Aus Deinen Händen quillt.
Wollest mit Freuden
Und wollest mit Leiden
Mich nicht überschütten!
Doch in der Mitten,
Liegt holdes Bescheiden.
View original text (without footnotes)
1 the modern form, "willst", is often used instead.
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works