Die Rose stand im Tau
Language: German (Deutsch)
Die Rose stand im Tau,
es waren Perlen grau,
als Sonne sie beschienen,
wurden sie zu Rubinen.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Dr. Gerrit den Hartogh
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "De roos stond in de dauw", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "La rose se dressait dans la rosée", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Coperte di rugiada", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-07-03.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:06
Line count: 4
Word count: 17
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
La rose se dressait dans la rosée
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
La rose se dressait dans la rosée,
Il y avait des perles grises,
Comme le soleil brillait sur elles,
Il les transformait en rubis.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2013 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2013-12-13.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:26
Line count: 4
Word count: 24