Language: Italian (Italiano)
Alla mente confusa
Di dubbio e di dolore
Soccorri, o mio Signore,
Col raggio della fé.
Sollevala dal peso
Che la declina al fango:
A te sospiro e piango,
Mi raccomando a te.
Sai che la vita mia
Si strugge appoco appoco,
Come la cera al foco,
Come la neve al sol.
All'anima che anela
Di ricovrarti in braccio
Rompi, Signore, il laccio
Che le impedisce il vol.
Translation(s): ENG FRE
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Antonio Giuliano) , title 1: "Prayer", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Prière", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:29
Line count: 17
Word count: 70
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
À mon esprit plein de confusion
Dans le doute et la douleur,
Apporte ton secours, ô mon Seigneur,
Par la lumière de la foi.
Soulève le poids
Qui le fait tomber dans la boue :
À toi j'envoie mes soupirs et mes larmes,
Je me confie à toi.
Tu sais que ma vie
Se consume peu à peu
Comme la cire sous la flamme,
Comme la neige au soleil.
De mon âme qui aspire
À trouver refuge dans tes bras,
Romps, Seigneur, le piège
Qui empêche son envol.
Seigneur, pitié !
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Giuseppe Giusti (1809 - 1850) ENG
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Juan Bautista Plaza, Francesco Paolo Tosti. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2014-02-22.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:30
Line count: 17
Word count: 91