Language: Italian (Italiano)
Soffro, lontan lontano
Le nebbie sonnolente
Salgono dal tacente
Alto gracchiando, i corvi,
Fidati all'ali nere,
Traversan le brughiere
Dell'aere ai morsi crudi
Gli addolorati tronchi
Offron, pregando, i bronchi nudi.
Come ho freddo!
Pel grigio ciel sospinto
Un gemito destinto
E mi ripete: Vieni;
È buia la vallata.
O triste, o disamata
Translation(s): ENG FRE SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Thomas A. Gregg) , "Mists", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Brumes", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Xavier Rivera) , "Brumas", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-08-13 22:22:35
Line count: 20
Word count: 60
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
Je souffre, au loin, au loin,
Les brumes assoupies
S'élèvent de la silencieuse
En haut, croassant, les corbeaux,
leurs ailes noires fidèles,
Traversent les landes
Aux morsures cruelles des airs
Les troncs affligés
Offrent, en priant, leurs branches nues.
Comme j'ai froid !
Je suis seule ;
Jetée à travers le ciel gris
Une plainte perceptible
Et me répète : Viens ;
La vallée est sombre.
Ô toi qui es triste, mal aimée,
Viens ! Viens !
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Ada Negri (1870 - 1945) ENG SPA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Ottorino Respighi. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2015-11-29.
Last modified: 2015-11-29 14:23:36
Line count: 20
Word count: 81