Das schöne beet betracht ich mir im...
Language: German (Deutsch)
Das schöne beet betracht ich mir im harren,
Es ist umzäunt mit purpurn-schwarzem dorne,
Drin ragen kelche mit geflecktem sporne
Und sammtgefiederte, geneigte farren
Und flockenbüschel, wassergrün und rund
Und in der mitte glocken, weiss und mild -
Von einem odem ist ihr feuchter mund
Wie süsse frucht vom himmlischen gefild.
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Fisso in attesa l'incantevole aiuola", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title 1: "Contemplo el bonic parterre tot esperant", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "I gaze upon the lovely flowerbed while waiting", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:29
Line count: 8
Word count: 51
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
I gaze upon the lovely flowerbed while waiting
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
I gaze upon the lovely flowerbed while waiting,
It is fenced about with crimson-black thornbushes,
Within stand high calyces with speckled spurs
And velvet-feathered, bowed ferns
And spotted tufts, water-green and round
And in the middle bell-like flowers, white and gentle -
Their moist mouths emit a breath
That is like sweet fruit from the heavenly meadows.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2017 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2017-04-12.
Last modified: 2017-04-13 09:53:46
Line count: 8
Word count: 57