Te solo adoro
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Te solo adoro,
Fonte di vita,
In cui si muove,
Da cui dipende
Translation(s): ENG FRE
L. Beethoven sets stanza 1
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 532.
The text appears in "La Betulia liberata", parte II, Aria di Achior.
Submitted by Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "Te solo adoro", WoO 186 (1824), stanza 1. [tenor and bass voices] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Te solo adoro", K 118 (1771), from the oratorio Betulia liberata, no. 13. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Te solo adoro", D. 34 (1812), published 1940 [vocal quartet], Composition exercise (during Schubert's studies with Salieri) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "I adore you alone", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Je n'adore que toi", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2017-04-24.
Last modified: 2017-05-02 01:56:27
Line count: 8
Word count: 20
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works