Te solo adoro
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Te solo adoro,
Fonte di vita,
In cui si muove,
Da cui dipende
Translation(s): ENG FRE
L. Beethoven sets stanza 1
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 532.
The text appears in "La Betulia liberata", parte II, Aria di Achior.
Submitted by Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "Te solo adoro", WoO 186 (1824), stanza 1. [tenor and bass voices] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Te solo adoro", K 118 (1771), from the oratorio Betulia liberata, no. 13. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Te solo adoro", D. 34 (1812), published 1940 [vocal quartet], Composition exercise (during Schubert's studies with Salieri) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "I adore you alone", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Je n'adore que toi", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2017-04-24.
Last modified: 2017-05-02 01:56:27
Line count: 8
Word count: 20
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
I adore you alone
Language: English after the Italian (Italiano)
I adore you alone,
fount of life and truth,
In whom moves
and on whom depends
all that Eternity contains.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2018-04-06.
Last modified: 2018-04-06 11:18:33
Line count: 6
Word count: 22