Priego ad Amore
Language: Italian (Italiano)
tu mai non abbandoni
chi ti consacra riverente il core
chi cieco ti figura
chi nudo chi bendato
chi di saette armato
non provò tua dolcissima natura
morir ne morir mai
languir ma per un poco
e gloria del tuo foce
Vieni deh vieni à noi
vieni gioia dell'alme
spargi spargi benigno i doni tuoi
e d'un cortese affetto
alla Barbara mia feconda il petto.
List of language codes
Submitted by Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Barbara Strozzi (1619 - 1677), "Priego ad Amore", op. 1 no. 15, published 1644 [vocal quintet for soprano, alto, tenors, bass and continuo], from Il Primo Libro de Madrigali; a due, tre, quattro, e cinque voce, no. 15. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Prière à l'amour", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2009-02-27 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:09
Line count: 15
Word count: 67
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Prière à l'amour
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
Amour plein de pitié
tu n'abandonnes jamais
celui qui te consacre respectueusement son cœur.
Celui qui te voit aveugle,
nu, les yeux bandés,
armé de flèches
m'a pas testé ta si douce nature.
Mourir, ne jamais mourir,
languir, mais un peu,
c'est la gloire de ton feu.
Viens, oh, viens à nous,
viens, joie de mon âme
verse, verse avec bienveillance tes dons
et d'une affection amicale
de ma Barbara féconde le cœur.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2017 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Giulio Strozzi (1583 - 1660)
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Barbara Strozzi. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2017-06-15 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2017-06-15 10:32:14
Line count: 15
Word count: 73