Language: German (Deutsch)
Die Nacht ist heiter und ist rein,
Im allerhellsten Glanz:
Die Häuser schaun verwundert drein,
Stehn übersilbert ganz.
In mir ist's hell so wunderbar,
So voll und übervoll,
Und waltet drinnen frei und klar,
Ganz ohne Leid und Groll.
Ich faß' in meinem Herzenshaus
Nicht all das reiche Licht:
Es will hinaus, es muß hinaus,
Ich halt' es länger nicht!
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
View text with footnotes
Submitted by Thierry Morice and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Nachthelle", op. posth. 134, D. 892 (1826), published 1839, first performed 1827 [tenor and vocal quartet of male voices with piano], A. Diabelli & Co., VN 6265, Wien [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Heldere nacht", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Bright night", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Nuit brillante", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Gianni Franceschi) , "Chiarore della notte", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-10-10 02:52:20
Line count: 12
Word count: 60
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works