Language: German (Deutsch)
Das Glück kömmt selten per Posta, zu Pferde
es geht zu Fusse, Schritt vor Schritt;
sein Eigensinn ist nicht zu zwingen;
man mag auch noch so sehr nach seiner Ankunft ringen;
es ändert darum nicht den langsam fortgesetzten tritt.
Translation(s): ENG ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Poppy Holden
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Poppy Holden) , title 1: "Luck", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "La fortuna", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:51
Line count: 5
Word count: 39
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
La fortuna viene raramente per posta, a cavallo,
va a piedi, passo dopo passo;
la sua caparbietà non si può costringere;
e non si può neanche farla venire per forza;
non cambia per questo il suo passo lento e regolare.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Daniel Stoppe (1697 - 1747) ENG
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Georg Philipp Telemann. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2007-05-09 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:21
Line count: 5
Word count: 40