Es haben unsre Herzen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Es haben unsre Herzen
Geschlossen die heilge Allianz;
Sie lagen fest aneinander,
Und sie verstanden sich ganz.
Ach, nur die junge Rose,
Die deine Brust geschmückt,
Die arme Bundesgenossin,
Sie wurde fast zerdrückt.
Translation(s): DAN ENG FRE ROM
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Nicolae Bretan (1887 - 1968), "Es haben unsre Herzen", published 198-? [medium voice and piano], from Lieder zu Gedichten von Heinrich Heine, Nikolaus Lenau, Rainer Maria Rilke, also set in English, also set in Romanian (Română) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich (1850 - 1900), "Es haben unsre Herzen", H. 160 (1872) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Mario Van Overeem , "Es haben unsre Herzen", from Neuer Frühling: 44 Lieder, no. 24 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Danish (Dansk), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG FRE ; composed by Peter Arnold Heise.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DAN FRE ; composed by Nicolae Bretan.
- Also set in Romanian (Română), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DAN FRE ; composed by Nicolae Bretan.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Nos cœurs ont conclu", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2007-10-14 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:29
Line count: 8
Word count: 33
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works