Liebe schwärmt auf allen Wegen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Liebe schwärmt auf allen Wegen;
Treue wohnt für sich allein.
Liebe kommt euch rasch entgegen;
Aufgesucht will Treue seyn.
Translation(s): DUT ENG ENG FRE GRE ITA SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Goethe's Werke, Vollständige Ausgabe lezter Hand, Zehnter Band, Stuttgart und Tübingen, in der J.G.Cotta'schen Buchhandlung, 1827, page 217.
Submitted by Richard Morris and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Friedrich, Freiherr von Dalberg (1760 - 1812), "Liebe", c1789/90. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Vincenzo Righini (1756 - 1812), "Liebe schwärmt auf allen Wegen" [voice and piano], from Sechs deutsche Lieder, zwey davon mit Variazionen am Forte Piano zu singen von Vincent Righini, Königl. Preussischen Capellmeister, no. 5, Hamburg: Bey John. Augt. Böhme [ sung text not verified ]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Liebe schwärmt auf allen Wegen", D. 239 no. 6 (1815), published 1893 [soprano and piano or orchestra], from the operetta Claudine von Villa Bella, no. 6, Ariette der Claudine [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Liefde zwerft op alle wegen", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (T. P. (Peter) Perrin) , title 1: "Passion throngs all lanes and byways", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Shula Keller) , title 1: "Love roams wild", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "L'amour voltige sur tous les chemins", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GRE Greek (Ελληνικά) [singable] (Christakis Poumbouris) , title 1: "Η αγάπη", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "L'amore se ne va dappertutto", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Lewis Grenville) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-06-19 02:29:02
Line count: 4
Word count: 19
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
L'amore se ne va dappertutto
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
L'amore se ne va dappertutto,
la fedeltà vive da sola.
L'amore vi viene correndo incontro;
la fedeltà va cercata.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2007-11-19.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:30
Line count: 4
Word count: 19