Ah, when I hear the ballad
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Ah, when I hear the ballad
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 40 CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Joseph Achron, Edward Agate, Algernon Bennet Langton Ashton, Max Ast, Paul Ayres, Constantin C. von Bach, Catharina Baum, Victor von Brasch, R. von Buddenbrock-Hettersdorff, Gerard Bunk, Cecil Coles, Hugo Dakon, Leopold Damrosch, L. Deland, Frederick Delius, G. A. Demidov, Louis Ehlert, Christian Friedrich Ehrlich, Nathan B. Emanuel, Ernst II, Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, Eugen Eschwege, O. Esfonde, Louis Fanzler, Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich, Christian Fink, Th[eodor?] Fischer, Adolph Martin Foerster, Robert Franz, Richard Fricke, Siga Garsó, Aleksandr Tikhonovich Gretchaninov, Grigoriev, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Alfred Grünfeld, Paul Grüttner, Victor Hansmann, Hans Harthan, Carl Heffner, J. Heinemann, Heinrich Henkel, Robert Hermann, Karl Ludwig Friedrich Hetsch, Marie Hinrichs, Joseph Huber, Sigfrid Karg-Elert, Friedrich Kiel, Bruno Oscar Klein, Oscar Kolbe, Gustav Adolf Kölla, Heinz Kratochwil, G. A. Lang, Per Lasson, Lavrov, F. Lemmer, Theodor Leschetizky, W. J. Otto Lessmann, Ernst Löwenberg, Ernest Nikolayevich Merten, Giacomo Meyerbeer, Ferdinand Möhring, Wilhelm Carl Mühldorfer, Paufler, Ferdinand Christian Wilhelm Praeger, Alexander Salomonovich Rasmadse, Martin Roeder, Jakob Rosenhain, Adolf Schimon, Hermann Schreyer, Robert Schumann, Franz Joseph Schütky, L. Schwab, Pyotr Petrovich Sokalsky, Nikolay Aleksandrovich Sokolov, M. Spiro, Oscar Strasnoy, Jan Gerbrand Striening, Stschurovsky, Alajos Tarnay, O. Torsell, Berthold Tours, Anton Urspruch, F. Vargues, Franz Veit, Martin Völker, Franz Gerhard Wegeler, Heinrich Weidt, Joel Weiss, Wekschin, Maude Valérie White, August Daniel Ferdinand Victor Wilhelmj, Theodorus Leonardus van der Wurff. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Czech (Čeština), a translation by J. Kühnlova CAT DUT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Karel Boleslav Jirák.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Alfred Heller.
- Also set in English, a translation by Joseph Henius CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Joseph Henius.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Elizabeth Phelps Resse.
- Also set in English, a translation by Maude Valérie White (1855 - 1937) , "Whenever I hear the strain" CAT DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Maude Valérie White.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Émile Deschamps (1791 - 1871) CAT DUT DUT ENG ENG FIN GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Giacomo Meyerbeer.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Gérard Labrunie (1808 - 1855) , no title, appears in Intermezzo lyrique, no. 41 CAT DUT DUT ENG ENG FIN GRE HEB IRI ITA NOR SPA ; composed by Marcel Bertrand.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI NOR SPA ; composed by Ladislao de Makray.
- Also set in Norwegian (Bokmål), a translation by Johan Nordahl Brun Rolfsen (1848 - 1928) CAT DUT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA SPA ; composed by Edvard Grieg.
Text added to the website: 2008-07-30 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:49
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works