Language: German (Deutsch) after the Scottish (Scots)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in Scottish (Scots) by Robert Burns (1759 - 1796), "John Anderson, my jo" FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): David Arditti, Joseph Haydn, Mervyn, Lord Horder, the Second Baron of Ashford, Henry Hugo Pierson, Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich, Maude Valérie White. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in Scottish (Scots), original text by Robert Burns (1759 - 1796) , title 1: "John Anderson, my jo" GER FRE GER by David Arditti, Henry Hugo Pierson, Mervyn, Lord Horder, the Second Baron of Ashford, Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich, Joseph Haydn, Joseph Haydn, Maude Valérie White.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Ferdinand Freiligrath (1810 - 1876) FRE by Henry Hugo Pierson, Karl Heinrich Carsten Reinecke, Fredrik Pacius, John Böie, Heinrich August Marschner.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Wilhelm Christoph Leonhard Gerhard (1780 - 1858) DUT FRE by Robert Alexander Schumann, Robert Alexander Schumann, Adolf Jensen, Henry Hugo Pierson, Theobald Kretschmann.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE by August Bungert.
Text added to the website: 2008-12-30.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:02
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works