Wagen mußt du und flüchtig erbeuten
Language: German (Deutsch)
Wagen mußt du und flüchtig erbeuten,
Hinter uns schon durch die Nacht hör' ich's schreiten,
Schwing' auf mein Roß dich nur schnell
Und küß' noch im Flug mich wildschönes Kind,
Denn der Tod ist ein rascher Gesell.
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "El soldat II", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , no title, copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Le soldat", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Stéphane Goldet) (Pierre de Rosamel) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Devi osare e rapidamente ottenere", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:27
Line count: 6
Word count: 38
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Devi osare e rapidamente ottenere
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Devi osare e rapidamente ottenere,
dietro di noi nella notte già la sento avanzare,
Balza veloce sul mio cavallo,
e baciami ancora a volo mia bella scontrosa,
ma fallo di corsa,
perché la Morte è una compagna più lesta.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2009-01-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:02
Line count: 6
Word count: 39