Language: German (Deutsch) after the English
Horch, horch, die Lerche
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Song", appears in Cymbeline DUT FIN FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Godfrey Edward Pellew Arkwright, Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Thomas Chilcot, Frederica Elvira Gambogi, John Linton Gardner, Sven Eric Emanuel Johanson, Robert Johnson, Harvey Worthington Loomis, Roger Quilter, Cyril Meir Scott. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ferdinand von Hiller (1811 - 1885), "Morgengesang", op. 199 (Fünf Gesänge für vier weibliche Stimmen (ohne Begleitung)) no. 4, published 1882. [vocal quartet for female voices a cappella]
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in English, original text by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616) , title unknown, from Cymbeline, Act II, Scene 3 DUT ITA GER FRE FIN GER by Harvey Worthington Loomis, Robert Johnson, Roger Quilter, Cyril Meir Scott, John Linton Gardner, Thomas Chilcot, Frederica Elvira Gambogi, Sven Eric Emanuel Johanson, Godfrey Edward Pellew Arkwright.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767 - 1845) , title unknown DUT ITA FRE FIN by Robert Emmerich, Ferdinand Stegmayer, Franz Peter Schubert.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Dorothea Tieck (d. 1841) , no title DUT ITA FRE FIN by Wilhelm Petersen, Wilhelm Killmayer.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Johann Gottfried Herder (1744 - 1803) , title 1: "Morgengesang" DUT ITA FRE FIN by Karl Sigmund Freiherr von Seckendorff, Friedrich Curschmann.
- Also set in Dutch (Nederlands), a translation by Emmanuel Hiel (1834 - 1899) , title 1: "Hoor! Hoor!", from Twaalf liederen van Shakespere, no. 10, published 1868 ITA GER FRE FIN GER by Petrus Leonardus Leopoldus "Peter" Benoit.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown DUT ITA FRE FIN by Friedrich Wilhelm Kücken.
Text added to the website: 2009-05-07.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:13
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works