Language: Latin after the Greek (Ελληνικά)
Gloria Patri, et Filio,
et Spiritui Sancto,
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper,
et in saecula saeculorum.
Translation(s): DUT SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
[ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741), "Laudate pueri Dominum", RV. 600 [ chorus ], motet
- by Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741), "Nisi dominus", RV. 608
- by Hildegard von Bingen (1098 - 1179), "Magnificat anima mea dominum"
- by Gustav Holst (1874 - 1934), "Nunc dimittis", H. 127 (1915), published 1979, first performed 1915 [ soprano, tenor, and eight-part chorus a cappella ]
- by Hildegard von Bingen (1098 - 1179), "Dominus regnavit decorem"
- by Marcel Dupré (1886 - 1971), "Laudate Dominum", op. 9 no. 4 [ chorus ], from Quatre Motets, no. 4, motet
- by Florent Schmitt (1870 - 1958), "Laudate Dominum ", op. 60 no. 5 (1917), published 1918 [ TTBB chorus and organ ], from Five Motets with Accompaniment, no. 5, Paris: Durand
- by Josquin des Prez (c1440 - 1521), "Dominus regnavit" [ chorus ]
- by Paweł Łukaszewski (b. 1968), "Psalmus 102 ", 2002-3 [ chorus ]
- by John Nesbitt (flourished in the Renaissance), "Magnificat" [ chorus ]
- by Richard Monk , "Magnificat" [ chorus ]
- by Robert Fayrfax (c1464 - 1521), "Magnificat" [ chorus ]
- by Tomás Luis de Victoria (1548 - 1611), "Beatus vir"
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist) , "Gloria Patri et Filio"
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2009-05-10 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:14
Line count: 5
Word count: 20
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Gloria al Padre, al Hijo y al Espíritu...
Language: Spanish (Español) after the Latin
Gloria al Padre, al Hijo y al Espíritu Santo,
como era en el principio, y ahora y siempre, por los siglos de los siglos. Amén.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from Latin to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2011 by Saúl Botero Restrepo, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-02-16 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:15
Line count: 2
Word count: 25