Du bist vom Schlaf erstanden
Language: German (Deutsch)
Du bist vom Schlaf erstanden
Und wandelst durch die Au.
Da liegt ob allen Landen
Der Himmel wunderblau.
[So lang du ohne Sorgen
Der Himmel bis zum Morgen
Viel Tränen niedergoß.
In stillen Nächten weinet
Oft mancher aus dem Schmerz,
Und morgens dann [ihr]2 meinet,
Stets fröhlich sei sein Herz.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA NOR
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Triest: "Weißt nicht, daß, als ohn' Sorgen / Du
2 Triest: "man"
Submitted by Emily Ezust
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by C. W. Fliegel , "Stille Thränen", op. 6 (Acht Lieder für eine Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 4, published 1854 [voice and piano], Berlin, Bahn [ sung text not verified ]
- by Robert von Hornstein (1833 - 1890), "Stille Thränen", op. 49 (Sopranlieder) no. 1, published 1882 [soprano and piano], Stuttgart, Kröner [ sung text not verified ]
- by (Christian) Immo Schneider (b. 1935), "Stille Tränen", 1984, unpublished [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Stille Tränen", op. 35 no. 10 (1840), published 1841 [voice and piano], from Zwölf Gedichte von Justinus Kerner, no. 10, Leipzig, Klemm [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Heinrich Triest (1808 - 1885), "Du bist vom Schlaf erstanden", op. 5 (Fünf Gesänge) no. 2. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Maude Valérie White (1855 - 1937), "Stille Träne", published 1885 [voice and piano], from Album of German Songs (later published as Sixteen German Songs), no. 12, London: Stanley Lucas, Weber & Col.; also reprinted by Recital Publications (Texas) in 1995, also set in English [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Alexander Winterberger (1834 - 1914), "Stille Thränen", op. 91 (Dreissig Lieder und Gesänge) no. 17, published 1885 [medium voice and piano], Leipzig, Schuberth & Co. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Llàgrimes silencioses", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Stille tranen", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Silent tears", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Larmes silencieuses", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Lacrime silenziose", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- NOR Norwegian (Bokmål) (Marianne Beate Kielland) , "Stille tårer", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:36
Line count: 12
Word count: 52
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works