Author: Harriet Elizabeth Prescott Spofford (1835 - 1921)
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- A sigh (It was nothing but a rose I gave her) - Lucy Hamilton Paine FRE [x]
- It was nothing but a rose I gave her FRE [x] - Lucy Hamilton Paine (A sigh)
- Je ne lui mis ce soir-là dans la main [x] - Lucy Hamilton Paine (Soupir)
- Sleep, little darling () - Amy Marcy Cheney Beach [x]
- Soupir (Je ne lui mis ce soir-là dans la main) - Lucy Hamilton Paine [x]
- The night sea () - Amy Marcy Cheney Beach [x]
- Thy beauty () - Amy Marcy Cheney Beach [x]
Last update: 2018-09-08 22:39:41