Texts by J. Riley set in Art Songs and Choral Works
Texts set in art song or choral works (not necessarily comprehensive):
The symbol [x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database.
A * indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- A life lesson (There, little girl, don't cry!) - E. Nevin
- A rose in October () - J. Higdon [x]
- I want to be a Soldier! - R. Stöhr (The Boy Patriot)
- Little brook! Little brook! - R. Stöhr
- Old fashioned roses () - J. Higdon [x]
- Out on the margin of moonshine land (from Rhymes of Childhood) - G. Bachlund (The Lugubrious Whing-Whang)
- The Boy Patriot (I want to be a Soldier!) - R. Stöhr
- The Brook Song (Little brook! Little brook!) - R. Stöhr
- The Lugubrious Whing-Whang (Out on the margin of moonshine land) (from Rhymes of Childhood) - G. Bachlund
- There, little girl, don't cry! - E. Nevin
- The rose () - J. Higdon [x]
- To the roses () - J. Higdon [x]
- When June is here--what art have we to sing - T. Hoekman
- When June is Here (When June is here--what art have we to sing) - T. Hoekman
Last update: 2021-10-09 13:47:31