Texts by W. Cartwright set in Art Songs and Choral Works
Texts set in art song or choral works (not necessarily comprehensive):
The symbol [x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database.
A * indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- A Complaint against Cupid (Venus, redress a wrong thats done) - H. Lawes
- A Prayer to Cupid (Cupid who didst ne're see light) - H. Lawes
- Ariadne (Theseus, O Theseus, hark!) - H. Lawes
- Come my Sweet, whilst ev'ry strain - H. Lawes
- Cupid who didst ne're see light - H. Lawes
- Love and musick (Come my Sweet, whilst ev'ry strain) - H. Lawes
- Lullaby (Seal up her eyes, O Sleep, but flow)
- Seal up her eyes, O Sleep, but flow - J. Edmunds (Lullaby)
- Seal up her eyes (Seal up her eyes, O Sleep, but flow) - J. Edmunds
- Theseus, O Theseus, hark! - H. Lawes
- Venus, redress a wrong thats done - H. Lawes
Last update: 2021-12-31 14:32:49