Author: Gloria Coates (b. 1938)
[Also see this author's vocal compositions]
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- All the world is an orphans home
- G. Coates: Aria: All These Dyings; thoughts of Marianne Moore from In Distrust of Merits, 1942
- Aria: All These Dyings; thoughts of Marianne Moore from In Distrust of Merits, 1942 (All the world is an orphans home ) - G. Coates *
- Aria: The Flying Bombers; ideas and thoughts of Phyllis McGinley in 1942 (Through the air, beyond the breeze ) - G. Coates *
- Through the air, beyond the breeze
- G. Coates: Aria: The Flying Bombers; ideas and thoughts of Phyllis McGinley in 1942
Last update: 2015-05-09 16:48:29