Author: Georgia Douglas Johnson (1880 - 1966)
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- Against the day of sorrow * - T. Weston
- And who shall separate the dust - T. Weston
- Common Dust (And who shall separate the dust) - T. Weston
- Consider me a memory, a dream that passed away * - H. Adams
- I'm folding up my little dreams - G. Bachlund
- I want to die while you love me (I want to die while you love me) - G. Bachlund
- I want to die while you love me - G. Bachlund
- Love Come and Gone (Consider me a memory, a dream that passed away) - H. Adams *
- My little dreams (I'm folding up my little dreams) - G. Bachlund
- Old Black Men (They have dreamed as young men dream) - D. Moore
- The dew is on the grasses, dear - G. Bachlund
- The heart of a woman goes forth with the dawn - H. Adams, G. Bachlund, F. Price (The heart of a woman)
- The heart of a woman (The heart of a woman goes forth with the dawn) - H. Adams, G. Bachlund, F. Price
- They have dreamed as young men dream - D. Moore (Old Black Men)
- Trifle (Against the day of sorrow) - T. Weston *
- Youth (The dew is on the grasses, dear) - G. Bachlund
Last update: 2021-11-14 11:37:37