Texts by W. Gardner set in Art Songs and Choral Works
Texts set in art song or choral works (not necessarily comprehensive):
The symbol [x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database.
A * indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- For sweet love's sake - E. MacDowell
- How fair thou art FRE [x] - S. Schlesinger
- I ask but this - E. MacDowell
- Le Lys (Que tu es beau) - S. Schlesinger [x]
- O lovely rose - E. MacDowell
- Que tu es beau [x] - S. Schlesinger
- Sweet blue-eyed maid - E. MacDowell
- Sweetheart tell me - E. MacDowell
- The Lily (How fair thou art) - S. Schlesinger FRE [x]
- Thy beaming eyes - E. MacDowell
Last update: 2021-10-10 11:19:03