Composer: James Hook (1746 - 1827)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
See Opus Order
Song Cycles, Collections, Symphonies, etc.
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- Canst thou love me, Mary (Text: Robert Anderson)
- Kate of Dover (Text: Robert Anderson) [x]
- Lucy Gray, of Allandale (Text: Robert Anderson)
- Muirland Willy (Text: Robert Anderson) [x]
- No, no, no, it must not be
- O listen to the voice of Love
- Orphan Bess the beggar girl (Text: Robert Anderson) [x]
- Softly waft, ye southern breezes
- Take me, take me, some of you (Text: John Dryden)
- The cottage boy (Text: Robert Anderson) [x]
- The death of Crazy Jane (in Polyanthos Enlarged) (Text: Robert Anderson) [x]
- The Emigrant (Text: Amelia Alderson Opie)
- The lad wha lilts sae sweetly (Text: Charles Dibdin)
- The press gang forc'd my love to go (Text: Robert Anderson)
- The steadfast shepherd, op. 33 (Text: George Wither)
- The turtle-dove coos round my cot
- The warning (Text: Susanna Haswell Rowson)
Last update: 2019-03-08 19:03:06