— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Thomas Moore (1779 - 1852), "Hark! the vesper hymn is stealing", appears in National Airs, first published 1818
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Max Bruch (1838 - 1920), "Jubilate-Amen", op. 3, published 1859 [soprano, chorus, and orchestra], Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Danish (Dansk), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist [an adaptation] GER ; composed by Halfdan Kjerulf.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Ferdinand Freiligrath (1810 - 1876) , "Hark! the vesper hymn is stealing!" DAN ; composed by Johannes Gelbke, Karl Heinrich Carsten Reinecke, Felix von Woyrsch.
Text added to the website: 2009-10-29 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:39
Line count: 0
Word count: 0