— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896), "Mandoline", appears in Fêtes galantes, no. 15, first published 1869
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Othmar Schoeck (1886 - 1957), "Mandolinen", op. 6 (Sechs Lieder für höhere Stimme und Klavier) no. 6, published 1907 [high voice and piano], Zürich, Hug
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Arthur Symons (1865 - 1945) , "Mandoline" CHI GER GER SPA ; composed by William Spencer Johnson.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Richard von Schaukal (1874 - 1942) , "Mandolinen", appears in Nachdichtungen: Verlaine-Heredia, in Fêtes Galantes, Berlin: Oesterheld & Co., p. 26, first published 1906 CHI ENG ENG SPA ; composed by Richard Trunk, Erich J. Wolff.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Wolf von Kaickreuth, Graf (1887 - 1906) , "Mandoline" CHI ENG ENG SPA ; composed by Max Kowalski.
Text added to the website: 2012-01-20 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:45
Line count: 0
Word count: 0