Language: French (Français) after the Russian (Русский)
Une nuit, avait dormi la nue
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in Russian (Русский) by Mikhail Yur'yevich Lermontov (1814 - 1841), "Утёс", first published 1841 DUT ENG GER GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Akhilles Nikolayevich Alferaki, Boris Vladimirovich Asafiev, Mily Alexeyevich Balakirev, Feliks Mikhailovich Blumenfeld, Boleslav Viktorovich Grodzky, Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov, Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein, Dmitri Nikolaevich Smirnov, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Pauline Viardot-García. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), original text by Mikhail Yur'yevich Lermontov (1814 - 1841) , title 1: "Утёс", published 1841 DUT ENG GER FRE FRE by Boris Vladimirovich Asafiev, Mily Alexeyevich Balakirev, Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein, Boleslav Viktorovich Grodzky, Dmitri Nikolaevich Smirnov, Akhilles Nikolayevich Alferaki, Feliks Mikhailovich Blumenfeld, Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Friedrich Martin von Bodenstedt (1819 - 1892) , title 1: "Der Fels", from Lieder aus der Fremde: In Beiträgen von Friedrich Bodenstedt, Adolf Elissen, Ferdinand Freiligrath, usw., published 1857 DUT ENG FRE FRE by Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Gottfried Wolters , title 1: "Eine kleine Wolke" DUT ENG FRE FRE by Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Jules Ruelle (d. 1892) , title unknown DUT ENG GER by Akhilles Nikolayevich Alferaki.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Alexandre Dumas Davy de la Pailleterie (1802 - 1870) , title 1: "Le rocher qui pleure", from Impressions de voyage, Paris, Éd. Michel Lévy frères, published 1865 [an adaptation] DUT ENG GER by Jules Bouval.
Text added to the website: 2014-05-02.
Last modified: 2015-10-21 12:03:32
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works