Da voi, cari lumi
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Da voi, cari lumi,
Dipende il mio stato:
Voi siete i miei Numi:
Voi siete il mio fato:
A vostro talento
Mi sento cangiar.
Se lieti splendete;
Se torbidi siete,
Mi fate tremar.
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE GER
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 345.
The text appears in Attilio Regolo, atto II, scena V, Aria di Licinio.
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Giovanni Adolfo Hasse (1699 - 1783), "Da voi, cari lumi", 1750, first performed 1750. [oboes, strings, bass voice, and continuo] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Niccolo Jommelli (1714 - 1774), "Da voi cari lumi", 1752, first performed 1753. [2 trumpets, 2 horns, 2 oboes, alto voice, strings] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Giacomo Meyerbeer (1791 - 1864), "Da voi, cari lumi", from Sei canzonette italiane, no. 2. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "L'incanto degli occhi (Die Macht der Augen)", op. 83 (Drei Lieder von Metastasio) no. 1, D. 902 no. 1 (1827), published 1827 [bass, piano], second setting; Tobias Haslinger, VN 5061, Wien [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "L'incanto degli occhi", D. 990E (1816?), published 1979 [soprano], first setting; fragment (realized by Reinhard van Hoorickx) [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Thomas Dawkins) , "On you, fair stars", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (David Le Marrec) , "De vous, chers astres", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) [singable] (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist) , "Die Macht der Augen"
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-08-30 23:24:48
Line count: 10
Word count: 35
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works