Grausam erweiset sich Amor an mir! O,...
Language: German (Deutsch)
Grausam erweiset sich Amor an mir! O, spielet, ihr Musen,
Mit den Schmerzen, die er, spielend, im Busen erregt.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Gedichte von Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1813, page 398.
Submitted by Emily Ezust
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Kwelgeest betoont zich steeds Amor", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , copyright © 2015
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Amour se montre cruel envers moi", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Con me crudele si dimostra Amore", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2005-08-29.
Last modified: 2017-11-29 10:27:52
Line count: 2
Word count: 19
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Amour se montre cruel envers moi
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
Amour se montre cruel envers moi ! Oh, Muses, jouez
avec la douleur qu'il suscite par jeu dans mon cœur.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2015-12-04.
Last modified: 2015-12-04 12:34:27
Line count: 2
Word count: 20