Lied eines Kindes
Language: German (Deutsch)
Lauter Freude fühl' ich,
Lauter Liebe hör' ich,
Ich so überglücklich
Fröhlich spielend Kind.
Dort der gute Vater,
Hier die liebe Mutter,
Rundherum wir Kinder
[Froh und fröhlich sind.]1
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Final line supplemented by Reinhard van Hoorickx; Schubert's fragment breaks off after repetition of the preceding line.
Submitted by Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Cançó d’un infant", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Lied van een kind", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Malcolm Wren) , "A child's song", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Chant d'un enfant", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2010-03-04 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2017-09-02 15:51:02
Line count: 8
Word count: 29
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
A child's song
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
I can feel intense joy,
I can hear intense love,
I am more than happy,
A child playing merrily.
There is my good father,
Here is my loving mother,
All around we children
Are happy and merry.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2018 by Malcolm Wren, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2018-09-18 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2018-09-18 12:53:03
Line count: 8
Word count: 37