Meine Töne still und heiter
Language: German (Deutsch)
Meine Töne still und heiter,
Zu der Liebsten steigt hinan!
O daß ich auf eurer Leiter
Zu ihr auf nicht steigen kann.
Leget, o ihr süßen Töne,
An die Brust ihr meinen Schmerz,
Weil nicht will die strenge Schöne,
Daß ich ihr mich leg ans Herz.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Christian Friedrich Ehrlich (1807 - 1887), "Meine Töne still und heiter", op. 17 no. 4, published 1837 [four-part men's chorus], from 6 Lieder für vierstimmigen Männergesang, no. 4, Magdeburg, Wagner und R. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Carl Evers (1819 - 1875), "Ständchen von Fr. Rückert", op. 27, published 1845, Wien, Mechetti [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Fr. Gnüge , "Meine Töne, still und heiter", op. 5 (Gesänge) no. 1, published 1839, Leipzig, Wunder [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by C. Hausmann , "Ständchen", published 1837, Magdeburg, Wagner und R. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Lied", op. 101 no. 1 (1849), published 1852 [tenor and piano], from Minnespiel, no. 1, Leipzig, Whistling
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Canzone", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 46
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works