Alma Redemptoris Mater
Alma Redemptoris Mater,
Quae pervia coeli porta manes
Et stella maris, succurre cadenti
Surgere qui curat populo:
Tu quae genuisti Natura mirante
tuum sanctum Genitorem
Virgo prius ac posterius,
Gabrielis ab ore sumens illud Ave
Translation(s): DUT ENG ENG FIN
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Josquin des Prez (c1440 - 1521), "Alma redemptoris mater / Ave regina caelorum" [four-part chorus], note: the top & bottom voices sing Alma redemptoris, the middle 2 voices sing Ave regina.
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , title 1: "Vapahtajan rakastava Äiti", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , title 1: "Dear mother of our redeemer", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Milde Moeder van de Redder"
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , title 1: "Hail mother of the Redeemer", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2010-01-28T00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16T10:01:49
Line count: 9
Word count: 37
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works