Language: Italian (Italiano)
Pensa ch'io resto, e peno,
E qualche volta almeno
Ricordati di me.
Ch'io per virtù d'amore,
Parlando col mio core,
Ragionerò con te.
Translation(s): ENG FRE
List of language codes
Submitted by John Versmoren and Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pasquale Anfossi (1727 - 1797), "Conservati fedele" [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Domenico Cimarosa (1749 - 1801), "Conservati fedele", first performed 1784 [oboes, horns, strings, and soprano voice], from the opera Artaserse [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Conservati fedele", K. 23 (1765). [soprano, orchestra] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Leonardo Vinci (1690 - 1730), "Conservati fedele", 1730, first performed 1730 [soprano and strings], from the opera Artaserse, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Remain to me faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Reste fidèle", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-07-12.
Last modified: 2018-04-21 19:07:26
Line count: 7
Word count: 25
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works