Selig sind, die da Leid tragen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Selig sind, die da Leid tragen,
denn sie sollen getröstet werden.
Die mit Tränen säen,
werden mit Freuden ernten.
Sie gehen hin und weinen
und tragen edlen Samen,
und kommen mit Freuden
und bringen ihre Garben.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG EST FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Ahmed E. Ismail
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Beati quelli che soffrono", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- EST Estonian (Eesti keel) (Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title 1: "Benaventurats els afligits", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Zalig zijn die nu leed dragen", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2006-01-02.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:16
Line count: 8
Word count: 36
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Beati quelli che soffrono
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Beati quelli che soffrono,
perché saranno confortati.
Quelli che seminano piangendo,
Mieteranno con gioia.
Essi se ne vanno in pianto
Recando con sé la semente feconda,
ritorneranno con gioia,
portando il loro raccolto.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2006 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2006-05-08.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:18
Line count: 8
Word count: 33