Die beiden Raben
Language: German (Deutsch) after the English
Ich wandelt einsam auf grünen Pfad, zwei Raben hört ich, die hielten Rat
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English from Volkslieder (Folksongs) , "The twa corbies", published by Sir Walter Scott, as written down, from tradition, by a lady, from The Minstrelsy of the Scottish Border, Vol. 3, James Ballantyne, Edinburgh, first published 1803 ENG FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Frederic Ayres, Arnold Edward Trevor Bax, Sir, Percy Aldridge Grainger, Ivor Gurney. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Anna Teichmüller (1861 - 1940), "Die beiden Raben", op. 13 (Zwei Balladen) no. 2, published 1907, Berlin, Dreililien
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in English, original text from Volkslieder (Folksongs) , title 1: "The twa corbies", published by Sir Walter Scott, as written down, from tradition, by a lady, from The Minstrelsy of the Scottish Border, Vol. 3, James Ballantyne, Edinburgh, published 1803 FRE GER by Percy Aldridge Grainger, Ivor Gurney, Frederic Ayres, Arnold Edward Trevor Bax, Sir.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799 - 1837) , no title, 1828, published 1828 ENG GER FRE by Georgiy Vasil'yevich Sviridov, Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Aliabev, Aleksandr Sergeyevich Dargomyzhsky, Nikolai Karlovich Medtner, Vladimir Ivanovich Rebikov, Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov, Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein, V. Ryabov, Georgiy Vasil'yevich Sviridov, Mikhail Yur'yevich Viel'gorsky, Aleksei Nikolayevich Verstovsky, Sigizmund Mikhailovich Blumenfel'd.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by (Karl) Wilhelm Osterwald (1820 - 1887) , title unknown RUS ENG FRE by Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown RUS ENG FRE by Sigizmund Mikhailovich Blumenfel'd.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by A. Aleksandrova , title unknown RUS ENG GER by Sigizmund Mikhailovich Blumenfel'd.
Text added to the website: 2007-11-30.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:31
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works