Language: French (Français)
Belle source, belle source,
Je veux me rappeler sans cesse,
Qu'un jour, guidé par l'amitié
Ravi, j'ai contemplé ton visage, ô dèesse,
Perdu sous la mou, sous la mousse à moitié.
Que n'est-il demeuré, cet ami que je pleure,
O nymphe, à ton culte attaché,
Pour se mêler encore au souffle qui t'effleure,
Et répondre à ton flot caché?
Translation(s): ENG ENG GER GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Pastoral air", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Ländliche Weise", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Ländliches Lied", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Country song", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-10-27 17:30:41
Line count: 9
Word count: 59
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the French (Français)
Beautiful spring, beautiful spring,
I wish to remember forever
that one day, guided by affection,
enchanted, I looked at your face, o Goddess,
half concealed underneath the moss.
Has he but remained, this friend for whom I mourn,
o nymph, adhering to your cult,
to mingle at least with the breeze that touches you
and to respond to your hidden waters?
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to English copyright © 2008 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-02-25.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 9
Word count: 61